Sunday, January 29, 2012

I talked to my friend today and what she said reminded me that

1) I need to know my priorities well
2) I always take relationships for granted, and i shouldn't

---------------------------------------

Here are a list of my priorities
(again, because I don't flip through my journal that often):

1) maintain good relationships with people i care about

that would be... i'll keep my list confidential.

I have 4 circles of friends. I will learn to love them the way they want to be loved, take time to understand them, write to them when I have things to say, make the effort to let them know that I care for them, not take them for granted, and improve myself so I can contribute to their lives as well (since I like talking to people i can learn from, it must not be a one-sided relationship and I should aim to be able to give them insight as well)

only invest in relationships that are important.

(but if I'm important to someone I do not care so much about, what should I do? Ignoring that person would be selfish?)

--------

2) know myself better, gain wisdom, get answers to life

by reflecting and writing daily, reading books, watching videos, talking to people whom I trust and can learn from. I have a rather short attention span and don't always have the patience to read things that are 'dry' (as much as I'm interested in the topic), so I must remind myself it is for the sake of knowing myself and the world around me better.

--------

3) be better at things I like.

that would be music. and to a certain extent, art.
Straightforward enough.

--------

4) take care of my health

i have to stop eating only when i feel like it, stop sleeping late, stop drinking too little water. Difficult task though.

--------

5) and sadly, because i live in a realistic world, and i have to learn to be independent, enough cash to sustain points 1 - 4.

I will have to work and look up information regarding universities and really think about my future. During the holidays, I want to teach piano/art and get part-time jobs such that i will still have time for myself and people around me.

No comments: